I’m Ralph Severini and this blog is committed to openly discuss and critique issues affecting marketing and sales, how it is integrated with new forms of communication and social media, what technologies are most relevant, and where it is going, etc. It may contain reviews of pure technology or pure marketing. I may delve into traditional or digital marketing, as well as how to secure and manage partnerships and channels. Lastly, issues covering both BtoB and BtoC may come up.
If you’re wondering, I use the word “Vibes” in my blog’s title because the vibraphone (aka the vibes) is one of my favorite instruments. Occassionally I still play around with the set I have. But mostly I appreciate the renowned players of this instrument – many of whom I’ve had the pleasure of meeting over the years.
As for my business and tech side over the past 20 years, I’ve worked in executive and line roles for companies including AT&T Bell Laboratories, Sun Microsystems, Sungard Data Systems, Entrust Technologies, CMGI, Open Text and Endeca. I’ve also worked directly in financial services on the business side. For the present:
- In financial services, I’m working to improve the capabilities around wealth management for advisors, product marketers, and the client themselves.
- In health care, I’ve been providing direction around branding and marketing, as well as new technology programs
- In pure technology, I’ve been working to improve sales and marketing around software, professional services, servers and networking, and storage and virtualization lately.
- In marketing and sales, I’ve been building sales playbooks, sales battlecards and training programs to help companies focus their sales and marketing efforts where they stand to get the most traction for their time
- And I’ve spent a good deal of time working with online, digital marketing techniques and social media.
Overall, I’ve enjoyed fusing the aspects of business and technology throughout my career.
You can find me on LinkedIn and I currently manage the Microsoft Financial Services Technology Group within LinkedIn.
Please feel free to review my company’s website at www.rgsmanagement.com